The ZedBoard is a low-cost development board for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 all programmable SoC (APSoC).
Take advantage of the Zynq-7000 APSoCs tightly coupled ARM® processing system and 7-Series programmable logic to create unique and powerful designs with the ZedBoard. This board contains everything necessary to create a Linux®, Android®, Windows®, or other OS/RTOS based design. Additionally, several expansion connectors expose the processing system and programmable logic I/Os for easy user access.
Target applications include video processing, reconfigurable computing, motor control, software acceleration, Linux/Android/RTOS development, exploring RISC processors (ARM), and general Zynq-7000 AP SoC prototyping.
The ZedBoard is supported by Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite, including the free WebPACK version.
Guides and demos are available to help users get started quickly with the ZedBoard. These can be found through the Support Materials tab. Additional resources can be found through www.zedboard.org, a community website where users can collaborate with other engineers also working on Zynq designs.
- Xilinx Zynq-7000 AP SoC XC7Z020-CLG484
- Dual-core ARM Cortex™-A9 processor
- 512 MB DDR3
- 256 MB Quad-SPI Flash
- On-board USB-JTAG Programming
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- USB OTG 2.0 and USB-UART
- Analog Devices ADAU1761 SigmaDSP® Stereo, Low Power, 96 kHz, 24-Bit Audio Codec
- Analog Devices ADV7511 High Performance 225 MHz HDMI Transmitter (1080p HDMI, 8-bit VGA, 128x32 OLED)
- PS & PL I/O expansion (FMC, Pmod, XADC)
- ZedBoard APSoC development board
- Custom Digilent cardboard box with protective foam
- 12 V AC/DC power supply (US & EU adapters - UK plug adapter not included)
- 4 GB SD Card
- USB A to micro-B cable
- USB Adapter: Male Micro-B to Female Standard-A
To create and modify designs for your ZedBoard, you can use Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite. Vivado is a software designed for the synthesis and analysis of HDL designs.
The Xilinx SDSoC Development environment provides a familiar embedded C/C++/OpenCL application development experience for heterogeneous Zynq® SoC deployment, and is a great option for video processing applications. A voucher for the SDSoC Development Environment is available as a bundle option. This voucher does not include access to the Vivado Design Suite, but the ZedBoard is supported by the free WebPACK edition of Vivado Design Suite.