Wi-Pi is a high performance, cost effective WLAN USB module which connects the Raspberry Pi low-cost computer to a Wi-Fi local area network. Wi-Pi uses the latest 802.11n Wireless Technology, and can support data rates of up to 150 Mbps, compared with older 54 Mbps 11g products. It also benefits from a higher wireless LAN bandwidth, making data transmission more efficient.
Wi-Pi also supports wireless roaming, ensuring a more consistent wireless connection to a wireless access point. Wi-Pi uses the latest international wireless CCA air channel detection technology, enhancing wireless performance.
Currently, Wi-Pi can be used with multiple development platforms, such as Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black.
- Hardware Features and Performance
- Physical Interface: USB 2.0
- Antenna: Built-in smart antenna
- Permissible Working and Storage Environments
- Working Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C
- Storage Temperature: -40 °C to 70°C
- Wireless Features and Performance
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n; backward compatible with IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11b
- Transmission speed
- 11b: 1/2/5.5/11Mbps
- 11g: 6/9/12/18/24/36/48/54 Mbps
- 11n: up to 150 Mbps
- Frequency range: 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz
- Working channel: 1 to 13
- Transmit power: 20dBm (max)
- Software and Security
- Security features
- 64/128/152 bit WEP encryption
- Operating System Support: Natively supported by the Raspbian “Wheezy” Linux operating system distribution onwards.