The Digilent VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) is a battery-friendly, switching voltage regulator capable of providing 6A of current at 5V or 3.3V. The input voltage can be stepped down from sources as high as 15V. It is ideal for use in Mechatronics or Robotics applications to efficiently regulate battery voltage, or in any application where a clean step down is required.
Capable of providing 6A of power at multiple voltage levels, the VRM can provide power to multiple 5V servos, 12V motors, and a system board, allowing your robotics application a simple 1 battery power system.
- Texas Instruments TPS54620 switching regulator
- 6A synchronous step down switcher
- Selectable 5V or 3.3V output voltage
- Input voltage range of 5-15V
- 479kHz internal switching frequency
- Switching synchronization to an external clock
- Screw terminals and pin headers for power input/output