With the Shield Adapter for NI myRIO, you can now connect your myRIO to the expansive shield options offered by the Arduino ecosystem. The Shield Adapter is designed to work with any shield that is compatible with the Arduino® Uno using the 3.3 or 5V power from the myRIO MXP connector. The silk screen is labeled on the shield pins to reflect the myRIO inputs.
Some design details:
- A switch has been included to allow users to switch between UART and Digital I/O (pins 0 and 1 on the Arduino).
- PWM is supported on pins 3, 5, and 6 and is underlined on silk screen for easy identification.
Disclaimer: This board was designed for the Arduino Ecosystem. Some chipKIT shields can be made to work with this adapter, but are not guaranteed. Please read the respective reference manuals to ensure operation.
- Uses the myRIO Expansion Port (MXP) connector
- Signal and power lines adapted to the standard Arduino Uno footprint.
- I2C is hardwired to A4 and A5 pins and adheres to the revised Arduino Leonardo standard
- Standard 34-pin female breakout
- Switch allows users to select between UART and DIO pins 0 and 1
- No external power required for shields operating at 3.3V or 5V