The "Box Monster" is an easily-built robotics kit that is ideal for people just starting out in electronics. Designed for the K-12 audience, the Box Monster can be brought home as a fun electronics project that students create themselves, and it can also act as a spring-board into more advanced topics like microprocessor coding and electronic design.
The chipKIT™ uC32 microcontroller drives the R/C servo motor to open and close the mouth, but can also be programmed to do anything else you want with the free MPIDE programming environment.
The kit includes everything you need:
- Uline S-159 Box
- Scary Box Monster sticker
- chipKIT uC32
- GWS hobby R/C Servo Motor
- AA Battery holder
- USB A to mini-B cable
- Small screwdriver
- Jumper wires, servo horn, and other accessories
- Complete, self-contained robotic starter kit
- Ideal for the K-12 field or anybody who wants to get into electronics
- Assembled kit features opening and closing "mouth"
- Generally quite hungry.