The Digilent Pmod RS232 converts between digital logic voltage levels to RS232 voltage levels using the Maxim Integrated MAX3232 transceiver. The RS232 module is configured as a data communications equipment (DCE) device. It connects to data terminal equipment (DTE) devices, such as the serial port on a PC, using a straight-through cable.
There are two UART signal pin assignment conventions in use on Digilent products. This product uses the old signal assignment convention. Connecting a product using the old convention with one using the new convention requires the use of a UART Crossover Cable (not included). Click here for a more detailed explanation.
- Maxim Integrated MAX3232 RS232 transceiver
- Standard RS232 DB9 connector
- Optional RTS and CTS handshaking functions
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 1.0“ × 1.3” (2.5 cm × 3.3 cm)
- 6-pin Pmod connector with UART interface
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 3
- Example code available in resource center