The Digilent Pmod MTDS is a gorgeous 2.8" touchscreen display with a powerful on-board microcontroller that performs graphics processing tasks. The display is a capacitive touchscreen with QVGA resolution (320×240) and 2 finger multi-touch support.
The most compelling aspect of the Pmod MTDS is the programming experience provided by its Multi-Touch Display System (MTDS) Firmware and the associated libraries. These allow you to design sleek, stylish user interfaces very quickly and with very little code. The timing dependent tasks are handled by the firmware, so integrating the display into existing projects is also a snap. Some of the key functionality provided by the libraries include the ability to draw basic shapes and text, draw images stored on microSD with binary transparency, draw buttons and easily check if they have been pressed, and check the status and location of the user's two fingers. The libraries are supported in Arduino IDE and Xilinx SDK, and have been tested with AVR based Ardiuno, chipKIT, and Arty host boards.
Note: This product also comes in Uno R3 Shield form factor. See the Multi-Touch Display Shield page for more info.
- 2.8“ Display with QVGA resolution (320×240)
- 2 Finger Capacitive touch panel
- Powerful PIC32MZ Microcontroller
- Multi-Touch Display System (MTDS) Firmware
- Design a beautiful UI with only a few lines of code using libraries for Arduino IDE and Xilinx SDK
- Easily draw images with binary transparency from files stored on microSD
- Drop stylish buttons and check their status at will using intuitive function calls
- For use with Arduino, chipKIT, and Arty platforms
- 12-pin Pmod port with SPI interface
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 2A