As seen on Kickstarter!
OpenScope MZ is a USB/WiFi oscilloscope with a Waveform Generator and Logic Analyzer. What does that mean? It's a device that you connect to your computer or tablet (through WiFi or a USB cable) that allows you to acquire, analyze, visualize, and control signals from circuits, sensors, and other electronic devices. Unlike typical USB instruments, OpenScope MZ has WiFi connectivity, this means that you not only have a USB oscilloscope, but you also have a WiFi Oscilloscope, iPad Oscilloscope, and more! OpenScope can also be programmed to run standalone like an Arduino or Raspberry Pi, but with high-speed precision analog and digital I/O. At the core of the OpenScope MZ is a powerful Microchip PIC32 MZ Processor. This processor has many resources that we took advantage of to enable the functionalities found on OpenScope MZ.
Using the OpenScope + WaveForms Live, you will be able to configure the OpenScope to be a USB or WiFi Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Power Supply, and even a Data Logger.
We wanted to create OpenScope MZ to enable everyone to learn electronics. This means that we need to invite as many people as possible to contribute ideas and collaborate with others in order to accomplish our mission on accessibility. OpenScope MZ is designed to be as Open Sourced as possible; therefore, the hardware, firmware, software, and the mechanical specifications will be made available to anyone who wants to change and/or improve upon the design.
- 2 oscilloscope channels with 12 bits at 2MHz bandwidth and 6.25 MS/s max sampling rate
- 1 function generator output with 1MHz bandwidth at 10 MS/s update rate
- 10 user programmable pins configurable as either user-programmable GPIO or as a 10- channel logic analyzer.
- User programmable power supplies supplying up to 50mA and ± 4V power
- USB bus powered or externally powered
- On-board WiFi
- Browser-based WaveForms Live multi-instrument software
- Re-programmable through Arduino IDE or Microchip MPLAB X IDE
We also offer an Accessory Kit add-on option for the OpenScope, which includes the following:
- Regular-sized Project Box (sticker sheet not included)
- Mini Grabber Test Clips (6-pack)
- USB A to Micro-B Cable
- 8GB microSD Card with Adapter