The NXT Sensor Adapter for the NI myRIO is no longer in production. Once the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued.
The NXT Sensor Adapter for the NI myRIO is designed to bring the popular Lego® Mindstorms® NXT sensors to the myRIO ecosystem. The NXT Sensor Adaptor connects to one of the 34-pin MXP ports on your NI myRIO and breaks out the myRIO Analog, Digital, and I2C channels to three standard NXT input ports. Additionally, all three NXT sensor ports have female jumper connections for directly probing NXT sensor signals or connecting your own custom solutions.
This board will support "passive" and "digital" Lego-certified sensors. This includes light, sound, touch, compass, tilt, color, force, and magnetic sensors.
This adapter is designed for sensor inputs and does not support output devices such as servos and motors. It does not support RS485 sensors nor any active sensors that require 9V on the ANA.
- Uses the myRIO Expansion Port (MXP) connector
- Supports both passive and digital NXT sensors (under 9V)
- Three Lego Mindstorms NXT sensor connectors
- No external power required
- 34-pin female breakout allowing direct user access to signal pin