The Nexys Video is a powerful platform for audio/video applications. Built around the Artix®-7 XC7A200T, the most powerful chip from the Xilinx® Artix-7 FPGA family, the Nexys Video has all the performance and FPGA real estate needed for high-bandwidth and low-latency A/V processing.
Utilizing A/V signals is made easy with an on-board Mini Displayport, three high-speed digital video ports, and a 24-bit audio codec. One can conveniently scale their design with Ethernet, UART, and USB interfaces and integrate it into larger systems. There is no limit to customizability with the 160-pin FMC LPC connector and four additional Pmod ports.
The Nexys Video is supported by Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite, including the free WebPACK edition, making the Nexys Video a great option for any budget.
Guides and demos are available to help users get started quickly with the Nexys Video. These can be found through the Support Materials tab.
- Xilinx Artix®-7 XC7A200T-1SBG484C
- 33,650 logic slices, each with four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops
- 13 Mbits of fast block RAM (3x more than the Nexys 4 DDR)
- 10 clock management tiles, each with phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 740 DSP slices
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Up to 3.75Gbps GTP transceivers
- Programmable over JTAG, Quad-SPI Flash, microSD, and USB flash drive
- 512MB 800MHz DDR3
- 32MB Quad-SPI flash
- microSD card slot for nonvolatile storage (card not included)
- Dedicated onboard USB port for JTAG programming and data transfers
- Powered from any 12V source (36W wall supply included)
- HDMI sink and HDMI source
- Mini DisplayPort source
- 240bit Audio codec w/ four 3.5mm jacks
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY with included unique MAC address
- User EEPROM
- USB-UART bridge
- Digilent parallel transfer interface (DTPI) for high-speed data transfers over USB
- Digilent serial peripheral interface (DSPI) for medium-speed data transfers over USB
- Onboard user interfaces: 128x32 monochrome OLED display, 5 user push buttons, 8 user switches, 8 user LEDs
- USB HID host for mice and keyboards
- Fully-populated 160-pin FMC LPC connector
- Four Pmod ports, Pmod for XADC signals
- Nexys Video Artix-7 FPGA
- Custom Digilent cardboard packing
- USB A to micro-B programming cable and one 12V, 3A wall power supply with US and EU adapters - UK plug adapter not included.
The Nexys Video can be programmed with Digilent's Adept software. Digilent Adept is a unique and powerful solution which allows you to communicate with Digilent system boards and a wide assortment of logic devices. Find out more about Adept here.
To create and modify designs for your Nexys Video, you can use Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite. Vivado is a software designed for the synthesis and analysis of HDL designs. The Nexys Video is supported by the free WebPACK edition of the Vivado Design Suite.