The Nexys 4 is no longer in production. Once the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued. We recommend migration to the Nexys A7.
The Nexys 4 board is a complete, ready-to-use digital circuit development platform based on the Artix®-7 Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) from Xilinx®. The Artix-7 FPGA is optimized for high performance logic and offers more capacity, higher performance, and more resources than earlier designs. With its large, high-capacity FPGA (Xilinx part number XC7A100T-1CSG324C), generous external memories, and collection of USB, Ethernet, and other ports, the Nexys 4 can host designs ranging from introductory combinational circuits to powerful embedded processors. Several built-in peripherals, including an accelerometer, temperature sensor, MEMs digital microphone, speaker amplifier, and several I/O devices allow the Nexys 4 to be used for a wide range of designs without needing any other components.
If you would like an evaluation board for academic purposes, you can apply for a donation through the Xilinx University Program.
- Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA XC7A100T-1CSG324C
- 15,850 logic slices, each with four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops
- 4,860 Kbits of fast block RAM
- Six clock management tiles, each with phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 240 DSP slices
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450 MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- 16Mbyte CellularRAM®
- Serial flash
- Digilent USB-JTAG port for FPGA programming and communication
- microSD card connector
- Ships with rugged plastic case and USB cable
- USB-UART Bridge
- 10/100 Ethernet PHY
- PWM audio output
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 16 user switches
- 16 user LEDs
- Two tri-color LEDs
- PDM microphone
- Temperature sensor
- Two 4-digit 7-segment displays
- USB HID host for mice, keyboards, and memory sticks
- Pmod for XADC signals
- Four Pmod ports
- 12-bit VGA output
- Nexys 4 FPGA board
- Custom Digilent cardboard box with protective foam
- One USB A to micro-B cable
The Nexys 4 is compatible with Xilinx's new high-performance Vivado® Design Suite as well as the ISE® toolset, which includes ChipScope™ and EDK. Xilinx offers free WebPACK™ versions of these toolsets, so designs can be implemented for no additional cost.