The Nexys 3 is no longer in production. Once the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued. We suggest migration to the Nexys4 DDR.
The Nexys 3 digital system development platform features the newest Spartan®-6 FPGA from Xilinx®, 48Mbytes of external memory (including two non-volatile phase-change memories from Micron®), and enough I/O devices and ports to host a wide variety of digital systems. The Nexys 3 is an ideal platform for any engineer to gain experience with Xilinx's latest technologies, and it is perfectly suited to the classroom - new students can build logic circuits without worrying about complex external interfaces, and more advanced students can build complete digital systems, including controllers, CODECs, and embedded processors.
The on-board Adept high-speed USB2 port provides board power, FPGA programming, and user-data transfers at rates up to 38Mbytes/sec. A large collection of low-cost peripheral boards, including more than 30 Pmods and several new Vmods, can add additional features to the Nexys 3, including A/D and D/A converters, breadboards, motor drivers, displays, etc. The Nexys 3 is fully compatible with all Xilinx tools, including the free WebPACK™ as well as ChipScope™, EDK (embedded processor design kit), and other tools.
The Nexys 3 is no longer in production and is not recommended for new installations. When the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued. We suggest migration to the Nexys 4 DDR.
Processor/IC: Xilinx Spartan-6 XC6LX16-CS324
- USB2 port
- High-speed 40-pin VHDC expansion connector
- Four 12-pin Pmod ports
- 8-bit VGA
- 10/100 Ethernet
Programming: Digilent USB2 port providing board power, programming, and data transfers
- Xilinx Spartan-6 XC6LX16-CS324
- 16Mbyte Micron Cellular RAM
- 16Mbyte Micron Parallel PCM
- 16Mbyte Micron Quad-mode SPI PCM
- 100 MHz fixed-frequency oscillator
- Rugged plastic case and USB cable included
- Digilent Adept USB port for power, programming, and data transfers
- 10/100 SMSC LAN8710 PHY
- Type-A USB host for mouse, keyboard, or memory stick
- 8 slide switches, 5 push buttons, 4-digit 7-segment display, 8 LEDs
- Four double-wide Pmod ports
- One 40-pin VHDC connector
- 8-bit VGA