The Nexys 2 is discontinued, stock is limited, for more details on this please see our resource center. We suggest migration to the Nexys 4 DDR.
The Nexys 2 is a powerful digital system design platform built around a Xilinx® Spartan®-3E FPGA. With 16Mbytes of fast SDRAM and 16Mbytes of Flash ROM, the Nexys 2 is ideally suited to embedded processors like Xilinx's 32-bit RISC MicroBlaze™. The on-board high-speed USB2 port, together with a collection of I/O devices, data ports, and expansion connectors, enable a wide range of designs to be completed without the need for any additional components.
Now everyone can own a powerful, state-of-the-art development system for less than the cost of a textbook!
In order to program and communicate with the Nexys 2 board, you must download and install the free Digilent Adept software.
The Nexys 2 is no longer in production, quantity on hand is all that remains and can only be produced under custom design request.
Processor/IC: Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA 500K gate
- USB2 port
- Hirose FX2
- Four 12-pin Pmod connectors
- VGA, PS/2, and serial ports
Programming: Digilent USB2 port providing board power, programming, and data transfers
- Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA 500K gate
- 16 MB fast Micron® PSDRAM
- 16 MB Intel® StrataFlash® Flash ROM
- Xilinx Platform Flash ROM
- Works with ISE®/WebPACK and EDK
- 50 MHz oscillator, plus a socket for a second oscillator
- High-efficiency switching power supplies (good for battery-powered applications)
- Ships in a case with a high-speed USB2 cable
- All I/O signals are ESD and short-circuit protected, ensuring a long operating life in any environment
- USB2 port providing board power, device configuration, and high-speed data transfers
- On-board I/O includes eight LEDs, four-digit seven-segment display, four pushbuttons, eight slide switches
- 60 FPGA I/Os routed to expansion connectors (one high-speed Hirose FX2 connector with 43 signals and four 2x6 Pmod connectors)