The NetFPGA-1G-CML is a versatile, low cost network hardware development platform featuring a Xilinx® Kintex®-7 XC7K325T-1FFG676 FPGA.
It includes four Ethernet interfaces capable of negotiating up to 1 GB/s connections. 512 MB of 800 MHz DDR3 can support high-throughput packet buffering while 4.5 MB of QDRII+ can maintain low-latency access to high demand data, like routing tables. Rapid boot configuration is supported by a 128 MB BPI Flash, which is also available for non-volatile storage applications. The standard PCIe form factor supports high-speed x4 Gen 2 interfacing. The FMC carrier connector provides a convenient expansion interface for extending card functionality via Select I/O and GTX serial interfaces. The FMC connector can support SATA-II data rates for network storage applications, and can also be used to extend functionality via a wide variety of other cards designed for communication, measurement, and control.
The powerful Kintex-7 XC7K325T-1FFG676 FPGA will have no trouble keeping up with your designs made in Vivado Design Suite or ISE.The NetFPGA-1G-CML is not designed by Digilent. It is designed to support the Stanford NetFPGA architecture with reference designs available through the NetFPGA GitHub Organization.
- Xilinx Kintex-7 XC7K325T-1FFG676 FPGA
- X4 Gen 2 PCI Express
- 1-Gbit BPI Flash
- SD card slot
- Real time clock
- Crypto-authentication chip
- Can be powered inside or outside a PC using a standard ATX power supply with PCIe 6 pin or 6pin+2 connector.
- X16 4.5 MB QDRII+ static RAM (450 MHz)
- X8 512 MB DDR3 dynamic RAM (800 MHz)
- Low-jitter 200 MHz oscillator
- Four 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHYs with RGMII
- 32-bit PIC microcontroller
- USB microcontroller
- Four on-board LEDs and four onboard general-purpose buttons
- High pin count FMC connector (VITA 57) with 100 Select-IO and 4 GTX serial pairs
- Two Pmod ports
The NetFPGA-1G-CML can be programmed with Digilent's Adept software. Digilent Adept is a unique and powerful solution which allows you to communicate with Digilent system boards and a wide assortment of logic devices. Find out more about Adept here.
To create and modify designs for your NetFPGA-1G-CML, you can use Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite. Vivado is a software designed for the synthesis and analysis of HDL designs.
If you are continuing work on an old design, you can also use ISE, a legacy design tool from Xilinx for synthesis and analysis of HDL designs.