The MDE PIC18/PIC16 trainer is designed to accompany the textbook PIC Microcontroller and Embedded Systems by Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Rolin McKinlay, and Danny Causey.
The MDE PIC18/PIC16 trainer is an inexpensive and powerful single-board PIC trainer based on the Microchip® PIC18Fxx or PIC16Fxx.
The kit includes:
- The PIC trainer board
- PIC18F4520 chip (installed) and an additional PIC16F877A chip
- Power supply
- Wire kit w/ sixteen 6" jumper wires
A Microchip PICkit™ programmer is required to program this board.
To learn how to program your PIC trainer, please visit: the MicroDigitalEd website.
Processor/IC: Microchip PIC18F4520 and PIC16F877A
- Serial port
- All ports accessible via male & female headers, all CPU pins accessible via male connectors
Programming: Programmable via PICkit 2 or later and MPLAB®, available from Microchip.
- Can be used with any PIC18Fxx or PIC16Fxx 40-pin DIP package microcontroller from Microchip
- Programmable with PICkit 2 (not included in kit but can be added to order) and MPLAB from Microchip
- All ports A, B, C, D, and E are accessible via male & female connectors
- Integrated digital I/O with 8 switches and 8 LEDs
- Switches & LEDs are all accessible via male & female connectors
- All CPU pins accessible via male connectors
- Onboard power supply
- One serial port for connection to a PC