The JTAG-SMT1 has been replaced by the JTAG-SMT2 and is no longer in production.
The JTAG-SMT1 is a compact, complete and fully self-contained surface-mount programming module for Xilinx FPGAs. It can be accessed directly from all Xilinx® tools, including iMPACT™, ChipScope™, and EDK. The module can be loaded directly onto a target board and reflowed like any other component.
The JTAG-SMT1 uses a 3.3V main power supply and a separate Vref supply to drive the JTAG signals. All JTAG signals use high speed, 24mA, three-state buffers that allow signal voltages from 1.8V to 5V and bus speeds of up to 30MBit/sec. JTAG signals are actively driven only during a programming event and are otherwise held in high-impedance, so the JTAG bus can be shared with other devices.
The SMT1 module is CE certified and fully compliant with the RoHS and REACH directives. It uses a standard Type-A to Micro-USB cable, also available from Digilent. Contact us for volume pricing.
This module is not needed for Digilent FPGA boards as our boards are designed with this functionality natively. For use with Adept: The JTAG-SMT1 requires Adept System 2.8.1 or newer for use in Windows, and Adept Runtime 2.8.2 or newer for use in Linux.
Connector(s): USB2 micro-AB
Programming: Works with all Xilinx tools. Fully supported by Digilent's Adept software and Adept SDK
- Small, complete, all-in-one JTAG programming solution for Xilinx FPGAs
- Small form-factor (less than one sq. in.) surface-mount module can be directly loaded on target boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx tools
- Fully supported by the Adept SDK, allowing custom JTAG applications to be created
- Able to drive JTAG bus at up to 30Mbit/sec
- Single 3.3V supply
- High-Speed USB2 port
- Separate Vref drives JTAG signal voltages; Vref can be any voltage between 1.8V and 5V.
- JTAG/TCK frequency settable by user
- Uses micro-AB USB2 connector
- Fully supported by Digilent's Adept software and Adept SDK