Digilent's Genesys board brings the power of the Xilinx® Virtex®-5 FPGA to a surprisingly uncomplicated design platform. With gigabit ethernet, high-speed memory, high-resolution audio & video circuits, and a host of USB connectivity options, the Genesys board includes proven circuits used in the most demanding designs. From complex systems to dedicated high-performance applications, the Genesys board brings workable solutions to complex problems.
The Genesys board can be communicated with and programmed by the Digilent Adept software. In addition, the board can be programmed by Xilinx's iMPACT™.
Processor/IC: Xilinx Virtex-5 LX50T FPGA in a 1136-pin BGA package
- Two Vmod (high-speed VHDC) connectors
- Four 12-pin Pmod ports
- Multiple USB2 ports
- HDMI video
- Audio (line in, line out, microphone, headphone)
Programming: JTAG programming interfaces compatible with XIlinx's iMPACT and Digilent Adept.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 LX50T FPGA in a 1136-pin BGA package
- 256Mbyte DDR2 SODIMM with 64-bit wide data
- 32Mbyte Numonyx™ StrataFlash™ for configuration and user-data storage
- 100 MHz fixed oscillator and (up to) 400 MHz programmable clock generator
- Real time power monitors on all power rails
- Ships with a 20W power supply, USB cable, and protective plexiglass covers
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY and RS-232 serial port
- Multiple USB2 ports for programming, data transfer, and hosting applications
- HDMI video with resolution up to 1600x1200 & 24-bit color
- AC-97 Codec with 48 KHz sampling and line-in, line-out, microphone and headphone ports
- GPIO includes 8 LEDs, 2 buttons, two-axis navigation switch, 8 slide switches, and a 16x2 character LCD
- 112 FPGA I/Os routed to expansion connectors (two high-speed parallel VHDC connectors and four 8-pin headers)