The Digilent Pro MX7 is no longer in production. Once the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued.
The Digilent Pro MX7 is a microcontroller development board based on the Microchip® PIC32MX795F512L, a member of the 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family. It is compatible with Digilent's line of peripheral modules (Pmod), and is suitable for use with the Microchip MPLAB® IDE tools. The Pro MX7 is also compatible for use with MPIDE.
The Pro MX7 is designed to be easy to use and suitable for use by anyone from beginners to advanced users for experimenting with embedded control and network communications application. A built-in programming/debugging circuit compatible with the Microchip MPLAB IDE is provided, so no additional hardware is required for use with MPLAB. The kit contains everything needed to start developing embedded applications using either the MPLAB IDE or the MPIDE.
The Pro MX7 provides 52 I/O pins that support a number of peripheral functions, such as UART, SPI, and I2C ports as well as five pulse-width modulated outputs and five external interrupt inputs. Its network and communications features also include a 10/100 Ethernet interface, Full Speed USB 2.0 OTG interface, and dual CAN network interfaces. Ten of the I/O pins can be used as analog inputs in addition to their use as digital inputs and outputs.
The Pro MX7 can be powered in various ways via USB, or using an external AC-DC power adapter.
- 6 x 12-pin Pmod ports
- 2 x USB ports
- 1 x USB UART port
- 1 x RJ45 Ethernet port
- 1 x SPI ports
- 2 x SPI/UART ports
- 2 x CAN ports
- 2 x I2C ports
- Microchip PIC32MX795F512L
- 512KB Flash
- 128KB RAM
- 80 MHz maximum operating speed
- Four SPI, five I2C, and six UART serial interfaces
- Two CAN network controllers, five compare/PWM outputs
- Five 16-bit timer/counters
- Five timer capture inputs
- Two analog comparators
- Programming/debugging circuit
- 52 I/O pins
- 3.3V operating voltage
- 10 analog inputs
- Two USB connectors
- USB 2.0 compliant full-speed On-The-Go (OTG) controller with dedicated DMA channel
- 8 MHz oscillator
- Six 12-pin Pmod ports
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Three pushbuttons and four LEDs
- Programmable with MPIDE and also MPLAB IDE
- Digilent Pro MX7
- Custom Digilent cardboard box with protective foam
- One USB A to micro-B cable
Program using MPIDE or MPLAB IDE