A complete toolbox to help designers develop the latest CPLD designs!
The CoolRunner-II CPLD starter board is the perfect platform for the evaluation and implementation of designs using a high performance, low-power CPLD. Targeted applications include intelligent handheld devices, remote monitoring, wireless interfacing, and glue logic across any number of industries.
The DataGATE switch allows designers to easily evaluate a unique power option that permits input signal blocking, stops input switching, and significantly reduces power consumption, extending battery life. With four 12-pin Pmod ports, you can easily add functions such as analog-to-digital conversion, servo motor interface, serial flash, RS232 serial channel, accelerometers, temperature sensors, and more. Check out our Pmod category for a complete list of modules.
The CoolRunner-II Starter Board requires a USB A to mini-B cable for power and configuration (not included).
Processor/IC: Xilinx® CoolRunner-II CPLD (XC2C256-TQ144)
- Four 12-pin Pmod connectors
- USB 2.0 port for power, programming, and data transfer
Programming: On-board USB2 port for board power, CPLD programming, JTAG programming, and data transfers
- Xilinx CoolRunner-II CPLD (XC2C256-TQ144)
- A 256-macrocell CoolRunner-II CPLD in a TQ-144 package
- An 8 MHz fixed-frequency oscillator and a socket for a crystal oscillator
- Expansion connectors for 64 I/O signals (32 on the Pmod connectors and 32 on the parallel connector)
- A one-wire DS28E01Q EEPROM
- DataGATE switch
- Requires a USB A to mini-B cable for power and configuration (not included)
- Four 12-pin Pmod ports