The Digilent Cmod S6 is a small, 48-pin DIP form factor board built around a Xilinx® Spartan®-6 LX4 FPGA. The board also includes a programming ROM, clock source, USB programming and data transfer circuit, power supplies, and basic I/O devices. There are 46 FPGA I/O signals that are routed to 100-mil-spaced through-hole pins, making the Cmod S6 well-suited for use with solderless breadboards. At just .7” by 2.6”, it can also be loaded in a standard socket and used in embedded systems.
The FPGA on the Cmod S6 can be configured in several ways - from a PC using the on-board Adept USB interface or from the on-board Quad-SPI Flash memory. Configuration files can be programmed using Xilinx's ISE® 14.2 (or higher) development tools, using Digilent's Adept system, or using older versions of the Xilinx tools if Adept is also installed. Xilinx's ISE/iMPACT™ programming tool and Digilent's Adept tool will recognize the board and/or FPGA when the board is attached to a PC using a USB A to micro-B cable.
Xilinx's iMPACT tool and Digilent's Adept can both be used to program the FPGA and on-board QSPI ROM. Please refer to the ISE and/or Adept documentation for more information on using the configuration software.
- Xilinx Spartan-6 XC6SLX4-2CPG196 FPGA
- 600 slices (each with 4 LUTs and eight flip-flops)
- 8 DSP slices
- 216Kbits of block RAM
- 2 CMTs (4 DCMs and 2 PLLs)
- 16 MB Spansion® Quad SPI Flash for storing FPGA configurations and/or user data
- 46 FPGA GPIO signals brought to DIP pins
- Two on-board clock sources
- Requires a USB A to micro-B USB cable for configuration (not included)
- 4 user LEDs and 2 user buttons
- On-board Adept USB2 port for configuration, test, and communications interfaces