The chipKIT™ WiFi Shield is an interface board designed for use with Digilent's chipKIT line of microcontroller boards such as the Uno32, uC32, or Max32. The chipKIT line is a family of microcontroller boards based on the high performance Microchip® PIC32 family of microcontrollers.
The chipKIT WiFi Shield provides chipKIT microcontroller boards the ability to connect to and communicate with IEEE 802.11 compatible wireless networks. The WiFi Shield also provides a microSD card connector for use with microSD flash memory cards. The chipKIT MPIDE SD library can be used to read/write files stored on the microSD card.
The WiFi Shield is intended for use with the Digilent network libraries, DNETcK and DWIFIcK, available for download below. These libraries make use of and include a custom version of the Microchip Applications Library, licensed by Microchip.
Early versions of the WiFi Shield use the Microchip MRF24WB0MA WiFi module. Later versions use the improved MRF24WG0MA WiFi module.
Processor/IC: Microchip MRF24WG0MA WiFi module
Connector(s): microSD card connector
- Microchip MRF24WG0MA WiFi module
- IEEE 802.11b/g-compliant RF transceiver
- Serialized unique MAC address
- Data rates: 1 - 11 Mbps for 802.11b; 6 - 54 Mbps for 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n-compatible networks
- Integrated PCB antenna
- Wi-Fi certified as an application specific device
- Radio regulation certification for the United States (FCC), Canada (IC), Europe (ETSI), and Japan (ARIB)
- MicroSD card connector
- Four LEDs