This product is retired. Please see our replacement: Basys MX3.
The chipKIT™ Pro MX4 is a microcontroller development board based on the Microchip® PIC32MX460F512L, a member of the 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family. It is compatible with Digilent's line of Pmods, and is suitable for use with the Microchip MPLAB® IDE tools. The chipKIT Pro MX4 is also compatible for use with the chipKIT MPIDE development environment.
The chipKIT Pro MX4 is designed to be easy to use and suitable for use by anyone from beginners to advanced users for experimenting with electronics and embedded control systems. A built in programming/debugging circuit compatible with the Microchip MPLAB IDE is provided on the board, so no additional hardware is required for use with MPLAB. The kit contains everything needed to start developing embedded applications using either the MPLAB IDE or the MPIDE.
The chipKIT Pro MX4 provides 74 I/O pins that support a number of peripheral functions, such as USB controller, UART, SPI, and I2C ports as well as five pulse-width modulated outputs and five external interrupt inputs. Fifteen of the I/O pins can be used as analog inputs in addition to their use as digital inputs and outputs.
The chipKIT Pro MX4 can be powered via USB, or an external power supply that may be either an AC-DC power adapter, or batteries.
Processor/IC: Microchip PIC32MX460F512L
- 9 x 12-pin Pmod ports
- 8 x hobby R/C servo connectors
- 2 x I2C ports
- 1 x SPI port
- 1 x USB Debug port for prog./debug with MPLAB
- 1 x USB Serial port for use with MPIDE for programming/communication, or with MPLAB for simple communication
- 1 x USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG)/Device port
- 1 x USB 2.0 Host port
Programming: Program using MPIDE or MPLAB IDE
- Microchip PIC32MX460F512L
- 512KB Flash
- 32KB RAM
- 80 MHz maximum operating speed
- Two SPI, two UART, and two I2C serial interfaces
- Five timer capture inputs with assigned PWM
- Five 16-bit timer/counters
- Two analog comparators
- 74 I/O pins
- 3.3V operating voltage
- Sixteen 10-bit analog inputs
- Two USB connectors
- USB 2.0 compliant full-speed On-The-Go (OTG) controller with dedicated DMA channel
- 8 MHz oscillator
- Nine 12-pin Pmod ports
- Eight servo connectors, four LEDs, two pushbuttons
- Fully supported by MPIDE as well as MPLAB IDE
- Programming/debugging circuit