The Cerebot II board is a useful tool for embedded control and robotics projects for both students and hobbyists.
Its versatile design and programmable microcontroller lets you access numerous peripheral devices and program the board for multiple uses. The board has many I/O connectors and power supply options and supports a number of programming options including the free Atmel AVR® Studio 4, and WinAVR.
The Cerebot II has a number of connections for peripheral devices. It provides eight connectors for attaching Digilent Pmod™ peripheral modules. Digilent peripheral modules include H-bridges, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, speaker amplifier, switches, buttons, LEDs, as well as converters for easy connection to RS232, screw terminals, BNC jacks, servo motors, and more.
The perfect gateway to understanding & mastering AVR-based microcontroller boards.
This textbook features a step-by-step approach in covering both Assembly and C language programming of the AVR family of Microcontrollers. It offers a systematic approach in programming and interfacing of the AVR with LCD, keyboard, ADC, DAC, Sensors, Serial Ports, Timers, DC and Stepper Motors, Opto-isolators, and RTC.
In addition, the author has written a selection of labs that demonstrate these principles on the Cerebot II.
- There are two UART signal pin assignment conventions in use on Digilent products. This product uses the old signal assignment convention. Connecting a product using the old convention with one using the new convention requires the use of a Digilent Pmod Crossover Cable. Click here for a more detailed explanation.
- To operate and program the Cerebot II, you will need a 5V switching power supply and a JTAG-USB programming cable. If you do not already have these accessories, you can bundle them at a discount when you add the Cerebot II to your shopping cart.
- 64KB Flash, 4KB SRAM, 2KB EPROM
- ESD protection and short circuit protection for all I/O pins.
- On-board voltage regulator
- Multiple flexible power supply jumper options
- Directly drives up to 8 R/C servos and 3 H-bridge modules
- Four LEDs
- Small size (4.3" X 2.8")