Announcing the Digital Discovery
March 17, 2017
Following the success of Analog Discovery 2, an all-in-one USB instrument for education, Digilent is pleased to announce the release of the Digital Discovery. Designed to be the ultimate embedded development companion for professionals, the Digital Discovery is a combined logic analyzer, pattern generator, and protocol analyzer instrument. With the release of this instrument, Digilent makes high-speed digital analysis portable. The small form factor facilitates easy storage and provides a whole suite of advanced features to allow you to debug, visualize, and simulate digital signals for most embedded projects.
Users control the logic analyzer, pattern generator, and protocol analyzer with WaveForms 2015, a free software toolset compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows. With the ability to change the sample rate, number of channels, logic level, and output drive, the Digital Discovery is Digilent’s most configurable instrumentation tool to date.
- Variable sample rate logic analyzer capable of decoding SPI, UART, CAN, I2C, and more.
- Up to 800 MS/s at 8 channels
- Up to 400 MS/s at 16 channels
- Up to 200 MS/s at 32 channels
- 100 MS/s, 16-channel pattern generator
- Protocol analyzer capable of SPI, I2C, and UART
- 16-channel digital IO, including virtual LEDs, buttons, switches, and displays
- 1.2 - 3.3 V, up to 100mA power supply
- Script editor for complex or automated test
The Digital Discovery starts at $199 and can be purchased at https://store.digilentinc.com/. Releasing along with the Digital Discovery is an expansive set of resources: a getting started guide, tool tutorials, community projects, and FAQ, which can be found at: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/digital-discovery/start.