The XC2-XL circuit board is a self-contained development platform for CPLD-based designs. It contains two Xilinx® CPLDs; a CoolRunner-II XC2C256 and an XC9572XL.
The XC2-XL is an ideal platform for gaining exposure to Xilinx CPLDs and the latest Xilinx CAD tools. It provides a JTAG programming circuit, power supplies, a clock source, and basic I/O devices, so circuits can be implemented immediately without the need for any other components.
All CPLD signals are brought to expansion connectors, so accessory circuits can be added to the on-board prototype area or attached via expansion boards. The XC2-XL is compatible with all versions of Xilinx CAD tools, including the free WebPack tools available at the Xilinx website. The XC2-XL ships with a power supply and programming cable, so designs can be implemented without any further costs.
Processor/IC: Xilinx CoolRunner II CPLD (256 Macrocells) & XC9500 CPLD (72 Macrocells)
Connector(s): Six 2x20 right angle female sockets
Programming: JTAG programmable
- A Xilinx CoolRunner-II XC2C256 CPLD in a TQ144 package
- A Xilinx XC9572XL CPLD in a VQ44 package
- JTAG ports to both CPLDs that can be independently enabled or disabled
- Flexible power delivery using a wall-plug transformer, batteries, or external supplies
- A socketed oscillator (1.8432MHz included; clocks up to 100+MHz can be used)
- Full routing of all I/O signals from both CPLDs to expansion connectors
- A button and two LEDs for basic I/O
- Non-volatility – as with all Xilinx CPLDs, designs remain after power is removed