The MPLAB PICkit 3 allows debugging and programming of PIC and dsPIC Flash microcontrollers at a most affordable price point using the powerful graphical user interface of the MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The MPLAB PICkit 3 is connected to the design engineer's PC using a full speed USB interface and can be connected to the target via an Microchip debug (RJ-11) connector (compatible with MPLAB ICD 2, MPLAB ICD 3 and MPLAB REAL ICE). The connector uses two device I/O pins and the reset line to implement in-circuit debugging and In-Circuit Serial Programming.
For more information, please visit Microchip's website.
- USB (Full speed 12 Mbits/s interface to host PC)
- Real-time execution
- MPLAB IDE compatible (free copy included)
- Built-in over-voltage/short circuit monitor
- Firmware upgradeable from PC/web download
- Totally enclosed
- Supports low voltage to 2.0 volts (2.0v to 6.0v range)
- Diagnostic LEDs (power, busy, error)
- Read/write program and data memory of microcontroller
- Erase of program memory space with verification
- Freeze-peripherals at breakpoint
- Program up to 512K byte flash with the Programmer-to-Go