The Max32 is a prototyping platform that adds the performance of the Microchip® PIC32 microcontroller. The Max32 features a USB serial port interface for connection to the IDE and can be powered via USB or an external power supply.
The Max32 board takes advantage of the powerful PIC32MX795F512 microcontroller, which features a 32-bit MIPS processor core running at 80 MHz, 512K of flash program memory and 128K of SRAM data memory. In addition, the processor provides a USB 2 OTG controller, 10/100 Ethernet MAC and dual CAN controllers that can be accessed via add-on I/O shields.
The Max32 can be programmed using Mult-Platform IDE (MPIDE). In addition, the Max32 is fully compatible with the advanced Microchip MPLAB® IDE and the PICKit™3 in-system programmer/debugger. To download the IDE, please visit http://www.chipkit.net/started.
Processor/IC: Microchip PIC32MX795F512 processor
- USB connector for USB serial converter
- 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector for external power
Programming: MPIDE and MPLAB IDE
- 512KB Flash
- 128KB RAM
- 80 MHz operating speed
- Four SPI and five I2C connectors
- 16 channel 10-bit ADC, five compare/PWM outputs
- Dual CAN controllers
- 83 available I/O pins
- 3.3V operating voltage
- 16 analog inputs
- Connects to a PC using a USB A to mini-B cable (not included)
- USB 2.0 OTG controller
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- User LED
- Programmable with MPIDE
- Also programmable with MPLAB IDE (with the addition of the PICkit3 in-system programmer/debugger)