The JTAG-SMT2-NC has all of the same features as the JTAG-SMT2, but without a USB connector pre-mounted on the board. This allows users of this programming solution to mount the board anywhere in their own design, as opposed to the edge-mounting recommended for the JTAG-SMT2.
The JTAG-SMT2-NC uses a 3.3V main power supply and a separate Vref supply to drive the JTAG signals. All JTAG signals use high-speed 24mA three-state buffers that allow signal voltages from 1.8V to 5V and bus speeds of up to 30 MBit/sec. The JTAG bus can be shared with other devices, as systems hold JTAG signals at high-impedance, except when actively driven during programming. The SMT2 module is CE-certified and fully compliant with EU RoHS and REACH directives.
This module is not needed for Digilent FPGA boards as our boards are designed with this functionality natively.
- All the same features as the JTAG-SMT2, but built without the USB connector.
- Small, complete all-in-one JTAG programming/debugging solution for Xilinx FPGAs
- Compatible with all Xilinx tools.
- Compatible with IEEE 1149.7-2009 Class T0 – Class T4 (includes 2-Wire JTAG).
- GPIO pin allows debugging software to reset the processor core of Xilinx’s Zynq™ platform.
- Single 3.3V supply.
- A separate Vref drives JTAG signal voltages; Vref can be any voltage between 1.8V and 5V.
- High-speed USB2 signals are pinned out for user design that can drive JTAG/SPI bus at up to 30Mbit/sec (frequency settable by user).
- SPI programming solution (modes 0 and 2 up to 30Mbit/sec, modes 1 and 3 up to 2Mbit/sec).
- Small form-factor surface-mount module can be directly loaded on target boards.
- A similar circuit is available as a stand-alone programming cable, the JTAG-HS2.