The Digilent Genesys 2 board is an advanced, high-performance, ready-to-use digital circuit development platform based on the powerful Kintex-7™ Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) from Xilinx. With its high-capacity, high-speed FPGA, fast external memories, high-speed digital video ports, and wide expansions options, the Genesys 2 is well suited for data and video processing applications. Several built-in peripherals, including Ethernet, audio and USB 2.0 allow a wide range of additional applications. The fully-populated high-speed FMC HPC connector opens the door to great expansion possibilities.
The Kintex-7 FPGA offers more capacity, higher performance, and more resources than the Virtex-5 from the first-generation Genesys.
- Xilinx Kintex-7™ FPGA (XC7K325T-2FFG900C)
- 50,950 logic slices (up 7x), each with four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops
- Close to 16 Mbits of fast block RAM (up 7x)
- Ten clock management tiles, each with phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 840 DSP slices (up 17x)
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Up to 10.3125Gbps gigabit transceivers
- 1800Mbps DDR3 data rate with 32-bit data width
- Commercial -2 speed grade
The Genesys 2 also offers an improved collection of ports and peripherals, including:
The Genesys 2 can be programmed from various sources, like USB thumb drive, microSD, the on-board non-volatile Flash or the on-board USB-JTAG programmer circuit.
The Genesys 2 is compatible with Xilinx’s new high-performance Vivado® Design Suite as well as the ISE toolset, which includes ChipScope and EDK. Vivado comes with all the required cable drivers, so no separate installation is required. The free “WebPACK” versions of these toolsets do not support the Kintex-7 325T, however for a limited time a voucher with Design Edition will be included with no additional cost.